Monday, June 8, 2009

TO BLOG OR NOT TO BLOG … THAT IS THE QUESTION!

We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.” – John Naisbitt

I come from the “old school”. You know, the days when one person’s opinion was shared with those who wanted to hear it – and generally, needed to ask – not with the entire world wide web! I come from a generation that was taught to believe that if you wanted to really impress people with your wisdom and knowledge, that “less is more”? So I am in a bit of a quandary. There are people in my life who have encouraged me to “blog” – to share my “wisdom”, to break forth with snippets of life experience or to share “what are you doing now” so that all the world can see (or at least those who happen to log on to my blog!)

But I feel daunted by that task! Who wants to know what I think? Don’t I do enough of that on any given Sunday morning?? And shouldn’t I be listening more and ranting less? Seems to me that’s the way it should work… but I continue to be encouraged to say more, write more, opine to my heart’s content. Jeez!

“The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.” Hubert Humphrey

And so, perhaps I have come upon a plan! I will write occasionally – when, in fact I think I have something to say. But in the meantime, I would be happy to “listen” and answer any questions that anyone might have for me that they think I might be able to answer. (I’ll give it my best shot!) Questions about religion, faith, the bible, current events, etc. I can wax eloquent for hours (I think) if someone else gives me the topic!

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster.” Isaac Asimov.

So, let’s give it a try! If you have a question, let me know and I will try to give a fair answer – my opinion or maybe my understanding given the knowledge I have – but none the less, an answer.

Are you up for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment